Friday, October 28, 2011

Black Keys, the revolution is on the streets

The first song of the new Black Keys album - El Camino - is out there. The name of that song is Lonely Boy.

I haven't been this excited since someone told me we could drink beer of a funnel. Yes, I'm that excited.

At this stage I don't even want to focus on the song or album's quality, I just want to mention the awareness that these boys - not lonely for sure - gained in the past couple of years. The video of Lonely Boy was uploaded on Youtube this Tuesday and has generated almost 500,000 views with almost 10,000 likes against 79 dislikes. You can see I work in advertising, but tell me if this is not a (good) sign Black Keys are making the headlines.

What this means, straight and simple, is that the music world is re-conquering the passion for Rock music. Pure, strong and catchy rock tunes. I was waiting for this for a long time, a band like these guys to win respect of the pop community and finally erase from my mind the amount of crap people listen to these days. Yes, I'm talking about the Rhianna's, Bieber's and Gaga's of this life.

I'm all about changing the world, and I sincerely believe these guys can place their stone in music history. It's still early to say, but I think Black Keys will turn the equation around. More good music, less crap please. Starting with the radios, we want Black Keys stuff and no Rhianna's ass (or maybe the ass is ok).

Here is the video - fucking funny one btw - of Lonely Boy, newest song from the yet-to-be-released El Camino: 

2 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more! Can't wait for the 6th of December...
    BTW, do you now the America band "something fierce"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Didn't know them but listening to it as we speak. I like it, good old punk-rock!

    ReplyDelete