Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Future Islands - On The Water

As the good boy I am, I’ve took the time to listen to whole new Future Islands album, On The Water, and I can’t describe what went through my mind when listening to The Great Fire. It was like small drops of water hitting a big quiet lake. It mystically turns the hardest of men into a crying baby.

As expected, the whole album is amazing - but the mix of Herring’s unique wordings with Jenn Wasner’s gift-of-god voice is just too good to be true (for the ones who can’t recognize her – she’s Wye Oak’s lead singer).

It’s now the 43rd time I’ve heard this in 2 days. That’s got a mean something.

But if you let me be there again
If you let me be there again
If you let me be there again
I'll be still, won't say a word 

No comments:

Post a Comment