Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Tom Waits - Bad As Me

Some people say is a genius. WSG considers Tom Waits to be more than that. He's the master, devil's best friend, earth's best writer, he is beyond what music can reach.

Tom is unique, in every little thing he does.

This post is about his new album, Bad As Me. I'm hooked to it. It's amazing how Waits always manages to hypnotize every single part of my person.

From track 1 to 13 I feel like having a bottle of black label ('no ice please - fucking amateurs') and smoke the packs of cigarretes I never bought. I love you Tom, hope you know what a true inspiration you are to everyone who likes pure rock music and shares the frustrations and lack of honesty of this cruel life. To you I say, great shit-ass album man, another one to go on the top.

The single Bad As Me:



And just a recent memory from Orphans: Brawlers, Bawlers & Bastards - Lie To Me live at Letterman's:

3 comments:

  1. É, com o Springsteen (vénia), o maior compositor rock vivo. Até consegue, se calhar, estar acima daquele, por fazer música bem para lá do rock.

    Abraço.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Waits is indeed operating at a level beyond what most dream of. However, He is fully aware of how to operate on auto-pilot and I can't wait until he does a gutter-blues album of down-and-out ballads again. I hope it doesn't have to mean Rick Rubin's gets involved but perhaps its needed. Love the new one though, it just sounds exactly like what I thought it was going to sound like.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ anonymous, totally agree with you. it's just magical to see him going from ballads to dead-blues. cheers

    ReplyDelete