Thursday, August 18, 2011

Alice Russell, a story about Soul music

Days became brighter when I found Alice. I call her by her first name because we’re already very close. I guess everyone should be. The power of this woman’s voice is beyond what words can describe. It takes generations to find a soul funky voice like this, just ask Aretha, I’m sure she’ll tell you.

From track to track, from covers to originals, her voice just surprises me each time. It’s a joy to listen.

Still a shame she is living in the musical shadow, everyday that goes without her being famous is simply a crime. That’s what it is.

In the meantime, I take the outmost pleasure of tuning her in and be elevated to a different dimension. It’s a soul planet, and she’s the fucking queen.

Enjoy WSG’s nights of inspiration listening to:

The wonderful Lights Went Out



The soulful beauty of Let Us Be Loving



And finally, the most amazing cover of Crazy (original from Gnarls Barkley) - Damn, I get chills each time I listen to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment