Friday, June 24, 2011

A Typical Love/Music Affair

In every love story there is tenderness an affair. In my UK indie/rock/pop love story the mistress is called Gorillaz. Like it or not, Damon Alborn is a bloody genius, what I like to call a ‘Man with a Plan’.

Gorillaz are one of the most interesting, sexy projects of the past decade. There is no doubt about that. The mystery behind the animated cartoons, the rock/rap/funk beats and the stamp of one of British pop’s idols could only be responsible for an explosive mixture.

When travelling on board the Gorillaz train, you will find that Demon Days is a very very special album. The infinite ride comes with stops at the most exotic places, music experiences, dreams of better and worst days. It has personality – if that is possible to have in a small CD.

I don’t quite know which music to pick in order to demonstrate the quality and lyrical bless of Demon Days, and that’s why you will be able to listen to nothing less than 3 videos (it’s Friday after all!).

Ok, number 1 is… Kids with Guns - "And they are turning us into monsters":



Number 2, Dirty Harry“Cos’ all I do is dance” :



3 goes to… Dare“It’s coming up / It’s coming up” :



And your bonus (taken from their self-titled album) just because I’m in a good mood – “I ain’t happy / I’m feeling glad / I got sunshine in a bag” :



2 comments: