Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A love story I

It’s difficult for me to separate my own personal obsession for Bloc Party from what other human beings think about their music. For me, Kele can burp that I would still say ‘fucking great music’.

However, Silent Alarm is indubitably one of the best indie albums ever. With references here and there, Kele, Russell and co. deserved the acclaimed positive critics and excitement around the band. Plus, they brought something to the table missing on most of last decade’s bands – they sound even better LIVE.

From all the amazing songs in the album, Modern Love just stands out as the brave scream on how ‘Love’ evolved through time until our days. You might disagree, but it’s my blog and I can write whatever I want.

Note: just so we’re clear, my advice is to listen to both versions below and shout as loud as you can ‘I’ll pay for you…anytime’. Which btw, could be the best love declaration of the 2000’s. 



3 comments:

  1. Porra pá, devias ter uma categoria para lá do "Awesome" para esta música.

    O Silent Alarm ser um álbum de Erasmus foi das melhores coincidências que podiam ter acontecido. Está lá tudo, de facto, mas este som então... Tem qualquer coisa.

    ReplyDelete
  2. True.

    Silent Alarm + Erasmus = I rest my case.

    ReplyDelete